Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Will field mice eat in captivity?

I found a little field mouse that needed rescueing but I have no idea what is involved with keeping them. I used to have a few fancy mice so I know a bit about them.





Will they eat and drink in captivity?Will field mice eat in captivity?
Please return it to the wild. It could be carrying diseases and parasites, and trust me sweety- you may feel like you're doing right, but the circle of life continues. That mouse will eventually die anyways. If it needed ';saving';, then it probably is in much pain right now. When an animal is wild and in terrible suffering, like missing limbs that are obviously affecting it, please, just kill it. It's scared and hasn't been in captivity before. It wasn't bred for it. please please PLEASE let it go again.Will field mice eat in captivity?
I tried to keep 4 baby field mice that I found in my garage and they did eat %26amp; drink but they were not very happy being caged so I released them in a field. I fed them hamster food (seed mix) and they drank out of a regular hamster water bottle (the inverted kind with a metal ball at the end of a spout.) Hope that helps and good luck!
umm...no. They will die...you would have been better off leaveing it alone. It would have lived longer that way. Feild mice get too stressed in capivity, they wont eat drink, or do anything. PLEASE let the mouse go, OR take him to a nature center before he dies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment