Sunday, February 7, 2010

How can I induce hypertension on mice?

Please help me. This is part of my research subject in our school.How can I induce hypertension on mice?
inject saline into veins while monitoring BP


or


feed high salt diet.How can I induce hypertension on mice?
In animal surgery during med school in the 1970s, we used to induce hypertension in dogs by partially clamping the renal arteries to reduce renal blood flow and induce a renal/adrenal response which involves the release of vasopressors to increase blood pressure. BUT that surgery would be truly difficult to perform on mice. You might be able to administer the vasopressors directly - whatever the equivalent is for mice. I'll bet some true researcher out there has done this.


' Hope they see this question. Good Luck!


Added note - I was a med student and had no choice. No, I did not like doing that to dogs. I have three rescue dogs as pets here right now who are treated like royalty.
http://www.endocrine-abstracts.org/ea/00鈥?/a>
play rap music to theme

No comments:

Post a Comment