Friday, February 12, 2010

What is the delay on wireless mice?

I use a $30.00 wireless mouse for FPS (first person shooters). What is the delay on a wireless mouse versus a wired mouse? If I go out and buy a $70.00 wired gaming mouse will I notice the difference in my speed/reaction time?What is the delay on wireless mice?
$30 for a wireless mouse is pretty cheap. I imagine the mouse you have isn't very good and not made for gaming (is it a laptop mouse?). The delay could just be cheap electronics or it could be some sort of interference in the air. Try putting the mouse on a different channel. It could also be low batteries.





Gaming mice (wired or wireless) have a much more precise tracking light or laser which makes them a lot more responsive. They also sometimes have Teflon feet to help them glide more smoothly.





However, I don't like wireless mice of gaming because gaming really wears down the batteries fast. It SUCKS having them die on you in the middle of a game.What is the delay on wireless mice?
The delay should not be noticeable. I would say that its just that mouse if you are noticing delays. I would return it for another.





And a mouse will not increas your reaction time. Only your brain can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment