Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I have field mice in my flat how can i get rid?

Hi, I have field mice in my flat and need to know how to get rid of them, I have put poison down but has not worked, even though they are cute they are causing damage and obviously unhighenic, please help.I have field mice in my flat how can i get rid?
After no luck with glue traps, those live tip traps at the hardware worked for me with chocolate for bait (with some as a trail). I kept one or two for a while and noticed they spend a lot of time trying to keep clean, licking feet after walking on dust etc. So possibly not as unhygenic as you might think but obviously you need to keep things under control.I have field mice in my flat how can i get rid?
I had the same problem i used glue and traditional traps poison and got a couple but they seem to adapt either you get a good rat killing cat or call a professional the longer you wait the harder it is they are noweigen rats and they will do extensive damage to wiring ductwork walls ect.
They like peanut butter...try the small traps. Also the sticky traps work. Make sure they can't find anything to eat.
I had the same problem. First found how they got in. I fixed that. Believe it or not, mice are grain eaters just like squirrels. An old timer once taught me to wire [twistees are very good] a pecan to the trigger on the trap. It works!!! You can catch several on the same one without rebaiting.
I use the cheap traps with the metal trigger. I use chunky peanut butter and make sure a piece of nut is pushed under the metal hook (the curved piece used to hold bait) They'll eat the peanut butter and greedily try to work the piece of nut out. Never fails. Catch and release traps just recycle the mice and allow them to continue to reproduce. Sticky traps have never worked for me. The only thing they ever caught was our cat. By the way, cats aren't very good at curing a rodent problem. They'd rather play with them than kill them.
Easy Ways





Get a Cat (for a few weeks should do it) depending on how bad the problem is.





Glue traps or just google traps.





cat urine you can buy at a pet store.





get rid of the food source.





homemade bait. put baking soda in some food. (this is a horrible death) they cant pass gas and their little stomach explodes





block off holes with broken glass and plaster mix, and when they dig it will slice their feet causing infection and death





a snake will eat them to..thats about all i can think of


good luck
  • scene hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment