Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do I need to feed live pinky mice to a racer?

I'm used to having chameleons, which do not eat anything dead.





Will a racer eat a dead pinky? Where do you buy them from?Do I need to feed live pinky mice to a racer?
Yes. The racer might like it and may not like it. Try it. You can get Frozen And Thawed Pinkies at your local pet store. They are much cheaper then live. If it doesn't eat the F/T then leave the pinky in front of the racers favorite hide before you go to sleep.





Some snake need to eat live. Some don't. My ball python won't eat F/T. He eats live. And My Corn snakes dont even care.





Good Luck





Do I need to feed live pinky mice to a racer?
Where feeding food items such as rodents is concerned, always feed dead ones. The amount of damage a living, stressed animal that's about to be eaten, can do, is unbelievable. And definitely not worth the risk. Not to mention in some places it is actually illegal to use live rodents as food.

No comments:

Post a Comment