Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can I move my baby mice to a new home?

I bought a mouse a few weeks ago to keep my other mouse company... 2 females. The man at the pet shop said she was six weeks old, and I had no Idea she could be pregnant (they should warn you!) and 2 days ago she popped out 4 babies. I hear that wire cages are not good because they can get out, so I have a glass tank prepared with my previous mouse living in it... how and when should I move the other family in??? will my other mouse interrupt the baby mice?Can I move my baby mice to a new home?
Possible.. Anytime you introduce new animals to another animals living quaters you have to assume the worse, and the worse being that it rejects them and attempts to harm them.. Why not move the one in the glass cage into the wire cage, and then slowly introduce them when the babies are a little larger?

No comments:

Post a Comment